Roast beef is awfully tasty!
How about jazzing up your leftover roast beef by cramming it into this amazing creamy pasta recipe?
It’s easy to make – you’ve already got the roast beef, so all you need to do is cook some pasta and stir some stuff into a sauce. Simple!
Here’s what you need to make it:
- 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 250mL of heavy cream (35% cream)
- As many fresh mushrooms as you would like
- 1/4 of a big white onion
- A couple of slabs of tasty leftover roast beef
- A few servings of your favorite pasta noodles
- A few stalks of green onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Pour the can of mushroom soup into a big saucepan and put it on medium-low heat.
2. Add about half of the cream and stir it all around until it’s well-mixed.
3. Let it all heat up for about five minutes.
4. Slice all of your mushrooms. You can slice them any way you like them – big chunks, little slices, anything. Once they’re all chopped up, add them to the sauce.
5. Chop up the onion any way you like it – slices, big chops, anything. Once all the onion is chopped, add it into the sauce and stir it around.
6. Take that tasty roast beef and chop it up into strips. Add the strips into the sauce. Stir it all up and let it heat up, stirring it every few minutes.
7. Turn the sauce down to low.
8. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. As it’s cooking, stir the sauce every few minutes. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it.
9. Taste your sauce. If it’s too thick, add some more cream. If it’s too thin, mix a bit of flour into a bit of margarine and then stir it into the sauce. Add salt and pepper to your sauce too until it tastes the way you like it.
10. Slice up the green onions, add them to the sauce, and stir it all up.
11. Put the pasta back into the pot you cooked it in, and then add the sauce on top of it and stir it all up until all of the pasta is coated in delicious sauce.
That’s it, you’re done! This is a great dinner and makes awesome lunches to take to work.
Here’s what it costs to make (makes about 6 servings):
- Mushroom soup: $1.00
- Heavy cream: $2.50
- Fresh mushrooms: $1.50
- Onion: $0.20
- Roast beef: $2.50
- Pasta noodles: $1.00
- Green onion: $0.15
- Salt & pepper: $0.03
Total cost to make: $8.87
Total cost per serving: $1.48
If you like creamy pasta recipes, try one of these: