Which do you love better – macaroni and cheese or nachos? You don’t have to decide! Try this recipe because it combines the best of two amazing worlds, all in one bowl.
If you can make regular macaroni and cheese, and you can cut up a few veggies, you can make this totally fantastic dinner.
Here’s what you need to make it:
- 1/4 of a white onion
- 1/4 of a green pepper
- 1/2 a Roma tomato
- 1 few slices of pickled jalapeno (if desired)
- A small chunk of fresh iceberg lettuce
- A chunk of cheese (a good mix of mozzarella and cheddar is quite good)
- 1 package of instant macaroni and cheese
- The milk and butter and anything else you need to make the instant macaroni and cheese
- A big spoonful of salsa
- A big spoonful of sour cream
Here’s how to make it:
1. Cook the macaroni and cheese according to the directions on the package. While it’s cooking/draining, continue with the next steps.
2. Dice up all of the fresh veggies (except the lettuce) and add them all to the mac n cheese.
3. Mix it all up and pour it into your dinner bowl.
4. Spoon some little globs of salsa over the top.
5. Grate up the chunk of cheese and sprinkle it on top.
6. Top with some globs of sour cream.
7. Shred up the iceberg lettuce and sprinkle it on top.
This is a 20-minute meal that you will make more than once! Trust me!
Here’s what it costs to make (2 servings):
- Onion: $0.20
- Green pepper: $0.25
- Roma tomato: $0.40
- Jalapeno: $0.15
- Lettuce: $0.20
- Cheese: $0.50
- Macaroni and cheese package: $1.00
- The milk and butter for the mac and cheese: $0.50
- Salsa: $0.25
- Sour cream: $0.25
Total cost to make: $3.70
Total cost per serving: $1.85
This recipe gives you two big bowls of this awesome dinner. Enjoy!
Try another delicious recipe: